But the first paragraph refutes the headline: "Allowing income tax rates to rise for wealthy Americans would not hurt U.S. economic growth much (emphasis added) in 2013 ..." The CBO did not say, as the headline suggests, that raising taxes on the rich has no negative economic effect. In fact, the CBO actually said that extending the Bush-era rates for all would increase economic growth by 1.5 percent. If, however, the Bush era rates expired for the rich -- but...
I have a news flash for you Larry. New York State's Comptroller announced that NY's 'anticipated' (read budgeted) tax receipts are below estimates while expenditures are above estimates. What a surprise, and such a nice surprise for a deep blue state that just voted 2-1 for Barhama and bigger government, plus for single party rule (Democrat) at the state level. Life must be good in the Blue State of NY. Business must be up and unemployment must be down because the state budget is doing so great. Good luck to all those happy people who are living large with FEMA's help. Life is good. Reality is bad.
Consider this headline from a Reuters article in The Huffington Post: "Raising Taxes on Rich Won't Hurt Economic Growth, CBO Says."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- Sarah Palin to launch “Rogue TV” Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago