Amnesty may have worked appropriately at the end of the civil war where it applied to American Citizens who had fought against each other. Like medicines which are not all good for every purpose, so too amnesty for illegals (who have by definition broken the laws of this Republic) whose very presence in the US works against the interests of those citizens who deserve jobs, tranquility, and security from boarder-crossing terrorists. Hey Mr. Bowyer, have you heard about the extreme violence in the boarder states caused by drug cartels ? What ? Oh,.... you would like our anti-drug laws repealed also ? I see. Humnnn. May I ask Mr. Bowyer and others of his ilk where he would raise his children if the changes he proposes are effectuated ?
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 35 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago