Amnesty may have worked appropriately at the end of the civil war where it applied to American Citizens who had fought against each other. Like medicines which are not all good for every purpose, so too amnesty for illegals (who have by definition broken the laws of this Republic) whose very presence in the US works against the interests of those citizens who deserve jobs, tranquility, and security from boarder-crossing terrorists. Hey Mr. Bowyer, have you heard about the extreme violence in the boarder states caused by drug cartels ? What ? Oh,.... you would like our anti-drug laws repealed also ? I see. Humnnn. May I ask Mr. Bowyer and others of his ilk where he would raise his children if the changes he proposes are effectuated ?
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 12 minutes ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 52 minutes ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Boehner: Obama lawsuit will focus on Obamacare enforcement Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago