It seems to me most probable that insults to the Prophet Muhammad appear regularly in the modern world. After all, insults against revered figures in the world's other major religions pop up all the time. As for Islam, a book such as Salman Rushdie's "Satanic Verses" can be published anywhere. A thirteen-minute anti-Islamic video can arrive on YouTube, and my guess is there are others that have and will appear there. In...
The simple point is that continued US embassy or consulate presence in lands that are populated with hordes of brutal, savage barbarians has become a magnet for violance against the US. It has become against the self-interest of the US to continue swimming upstream against ignorance. Close the embassies up and shut the consulates down. Stop immigration and visas for citizens that have no US embassy. End medical treatments for any from these same countries. Discontinue all forms of foreign aid to these same countries. If terrorists successfully attack us at any place in the world where we have an international right to exist, and have chosen to exist,... teach the barbarians and their supporters a lesson about 'an eye for an eye'.
Allow me to offer a suggestion as to how our government might avoid the slaughter of our personnel in diplomatic installations around the Islamic world by mobs.
- Quinnipiac poll: Udall not gaining on Gardner in the home stretch Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- White House: Obama didn’t really mean it when he said a vote for Nunn is a vote for a Dem majority Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Report: As many as seven wounded in shooting at Washington school; Update: One victim dead; Update: Motive? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obama meets Ebola survivor Nina Pham in the Oval Office Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Gallup poll shows Tea Party supporters the most motivated to vote Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Red line? ISIS used chemical weapons against Iraqi army Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago