President Obama rehashed many familiar themes this evening, calling on Congress to act on a host of issues -- and vowing to take unilateral executive action if they fail to sufficiently address his priorities. A few passages were newsworthy: Obama denounced the looming sequester cuts, voiced support for "modest" Medicare reforms, called for another stimulus, resurrected cap and trade, pushed comprehensive immigration reform, backed a national hike in the minimum wage, announced another major troop draw-down in Afghanistan, and insisted that Congress allow up-or-down votes on a series of gun control measures. As is his habit, the president was...
i heard Beyonce done a trashy performance at the Super Bowl, i heard Obama went to visit that garbage while 4 patriotic Americans was being murdered in Benghazi.
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 51 minutes ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago