During a recent public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut about gun violence, the same hearing where the Sandy Hook father explained why his daughter is safer at home where he can protect her with firearms than at school, legal immigrant Henson Ong argued against gun control legislation being proposed in the state. Ong cited American history, the Los Angeles riots of the 1990s and tyranny overseas as examples as to why the Second Amendment is needed. He also pointed out that the United States has a long history of gun ownership ranging from high school rifle teams to hunting, yet...
" Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. " Thomas Jefferson.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago