During a recent public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut about gun violence, the same hearing where the Sandy Hook father explained why his daughter is safer at home where he can protect her with firearms than at school, legal immigrant Henson Ong argued against gun control legislation being proposed in the state. Ong cited American history, the Los Angeles riots of the 1990s and tyranny overseas as examples as to why the Second Amendment is needed. He also pointed out that the United States has a long history of gun ownership ranging from high school rifle teams to hunting, yet...
" Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes....Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. " Thomas Jefferson.
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 24 mins ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- SCOTUS blocks extended early voting options in Ohio Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- US, Afghanistan sign security agreement; 9800 US troops to stay Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- By the way: U.S. troops have landed in West Africa to fight Ebola Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago