Arizona Senator John McCain apparently didn't think calling Senators Rand Paul, Ted Cruz "whacko birds" was enough. Over the weekend McCain said he just doesn't "understand" why GOP Senators would filibuster any type of gun control legislation, saying the Senate should at least have debate on the issue.
"I don't understand it," the Arizona Republican said on Sunday of the threat coming from Sen. Rand Paul,Sen. Ted Cruz, Sen. Mike Lee and nine other Republicans. "The purpose of the United States Senate is to debate and to vote and to let the people know where we stand.”
- NATO: Russia has moved artillery units and personnel into Ukraine Ed Morrissey 39 mins ago
- Hamas executes “collaborators” as Israeli air strikes target leadership Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago