If you fail to see the picture as clearly as the president, you may be an extremist or, more than likely, you're too feeble-minded to withstand the Jedi mind tricks employed by gun merchants or radio talk show hosts or the National Rifle Association or all those folks "ginning up fear" on the issue, according to a president who trots out 7-year-olds to shield...
Not real sure that the Senate will come up with anything like the old AWB. Harry Reid is heavily funded by the NRA, and if he has any idea of re-election, I doubt he will touch that with a 10' pole. I had many discussions with the NRA about their support of Harry Reid. They kept telling me he was surely a liberal democrat, but he was rock solid on Firearms and 2nd Amendment.... We'll see...
When Barack Obama implored Americans to "do the right thing" on gun restriction during a news conference this week, the "right thing" should have been obvious to everyone. Absolute moral authority -- it's the only way to go.
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 10 mins ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Semi-retired President to issue daily communique at 12:45 ET (pledged) Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- World Jewish Congress president asks, “Who will stand up for the Christians?” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Police sources to NYT: Witnesses, forensics prove Wilson sustained an injury during his confrontation with Michael Brown Allahpundit 3 hours ago