You throw out so many straw men in this article. First, I know of no policy that says we need to deport 12 or 20 million illegal aliens. Most are for just enforcing the current laws. If employment laws were effectively enforced, those in this country illegally will leave due to not being able to find a job. On that point, it should be that no one in this country illegally should get any sort of welfare. They won't stay if they can't provide for themselves. Your point about the founders wanting a thriving immigrant base is accurate, but they also saw the value in the rule of law. I'm sure if you were to look at it for real, you would see that none of them would have supported an invasion from foreign nationals..
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago