You throw out so many straw men in this article. First, I know of no policy that says we need to deport 12 or 20 million illegal aliens. Most are for just enforcing the current laws. If employment laws were effectively enforced, those in this country illegally will leave due to not being able to find a job. On that point, it should be that no one in this country illegally should get any sort of welfare. They won't stay if they can't provide for themselves. Your point about the founders wanting a thriving immigrant base is accurate, but they also saw the value in the rule of law. I'm sure if you were to look at it for real, you would see that none of them would have supported an invasion from foreign nationals..
Latinos are religious, morally conservative and tend disproportionately to join the military. They also tend to be hard working and entrepreneurial. Do we really have too many of them?
Do we really want to pack them up, forcibly, by the millions in the greatest forced migration in human history? How many are there, 15, maybe 20 million? No one has ever moved 15 million people against their will. No one has ever moved half that many without concentration camps, forced marches of one form or another and mass death through plague.
If there’s another way to do it, please...
- Hillarynomics: Businesses don’t create jobs Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Christie, Cuomo enact stricter travel restrictions as new patient showed symptoms in NJ, tests negative Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Study: Non-citizens are voting in federal elections — and probably tipped at least one Senate race to Democrats Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- HHS official to Congress: I’m totally in charge, but that doesn’t mean I can prioritize Ebola prep over puppet shows Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- All in: Democrats plan full-court press to defeat Walker Guy Benson 15 hours ago
- Oh, by the way: North Korea now knows how to build small nuclear warheads for delivery via ICBM Allahpundit 16 hours ago