The criticisms of the recent absurd comments by Missouri Republican Congressman Todd Akin, who at this writing is his party's nominee to take on incumbent Missouri Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill in November in a contest he had been expected to win, have focused on his clearly erroneous understanding of the human female anatomy. In a now infamous statement, in which he used the bizarre and unheard-of phrase "legitimate rape," the congressman gave the impression that some rapes of women are not mentally or seriously resisted. This is an antediluvian and misogynistic myth for which there is no basis in fact and...
I'm not buying it. Both my parents were Yellow Dog Democrats. I am, and have been since Jimmy Carter, a staunch Conservative. There is no justification for abortion except in a life threatening situation for the mother. In the Roe vs Wade dissent, there was a door left open for determination that life begins at conception. That is the only way to overturn R v W.
- Oh, by the way: Obama just quietly suspended ObamaCare’s individual mandate until 2016 Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- Video: Oh, it’s HBO! Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Issa releases scathing report on Lerner Ed Morrissey 54 minutes ago
- Obama: Health insurance isn’t expensive – just cancel cable and phones Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Washington, Europe getting serious about Russia sanctions over Crimea? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Scarborough: FL-13 upset shows 2014 will be “historic” Dem loss Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago