Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
Factual-cmnts-BN, RINO's, Neo-Cons, Obama, Reid are all filth ! ws is right about the Big-Corporate-Oligarchy running everything, And they're the 1's who want Obama in there and the Tea Party out of their corrupt-criminal-thieving-way, so that they can keep getting away with their corrupt-criminal-$windling-thievery ! All of a sudden the lowly Fake-Conservative RINO-Neo-Con ME-Oil-war-mongering NWO-Corporate-Oligarchy-war-profiteer-serving G-Bush-2 appears on the scene, /news/politics-elections/2012/12/04/bush_calls_for_debating_immigration_reform_with_a_benevolent_spirit GB-2 is the RINO-Neo-Con-filth that destroyed the Republican Party for the pro-USC, States Rights, Tea Party Conservatives ! RNC -- RINO-Neo-Cons -- R-N-C ! ?-?-?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Media loves Sotomayor’s passion Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- CRS report: The administration has missed 44 of its own ObamaCare deadlines Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- Coming soon to the Nevada desert: “BundyFest”? Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Oh, was yesterday Earth Day? Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Chris Hayes: In a way, abolishing global warming is like abolishing slavery Allahpundit 6 hours ago