'Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin'

Galenical Wrote: Feb 23, 2013 10:51 AM
Ok, maybe 20. It is going to happen. Just trying to push some buttons.

'Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin'

Galenical Wrote: Feb 23, 2013 10:45 AM
Hey all you trolls. You are absolutely terrified of the people in this video, eh? I foresee that the majority of black Americans will be voting conservative within 10 years.

'Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin'

Galenical Wrote: Feb 23, 2013 10:41 AM
This thread is being overrun and hijacked by trolls and perhaps paid Democrat operatives. The people in this video are conservatives who happen to be black. Their statements regarding gun control laws are true. Gun control laws were originally written to control freed slaves. Gun control laws are now being forged to control ALL OF US. I'll cover these folk's six any day. American patriots all of them.

'Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin'

Galenical Wrote: Feb 23, 2013 10:32 AM
Considerable trolling, misunderstanding and outright obfuscation going on on this thread. The left is terrified of conservative blacks.

'Gun Control Laws Have Racist Origin'

Galenical Wrote: Feb 23, 2013 10:28 AM
Uber Dave, Star Parker voted for Obama? I find that hard to believe. So much hijacking, trolling and otherwise misunderstanding of this video, here on this thread.
I think Michael just had poor word choice. I think he meant that the hardware is subsidized by the person buying the contract, not by government. I own my phone even though I paid no up front charge for that bit of hardware. Nothing is free. I think we are all on the same side here. The argument in the article is anarcho-capitalist. I will agree with the A-C's that copyright law has gotten a bit out of hand. Should Apple be able to patent the shape of their smart phone? Only Apple can have rectangular phones with a screen? Of course not. Reforms are needed, certainly, but is this phone unlocking complaint reasonable? Maybe not..
Agreed. This is a contract law issue, not a copywrite law issue. Read your contract before you sign it. However (always a however), TANSTAAFL. That "discount" you receive on the hardware is no discount. You pay for the hardware over the two year contract. Funny that ALL the carriers have similar if not identical "deals". Hmmm. Perhaps the real issue is anti-trust law.

Idiocracy: A Glimpse of the Future?

Galenical Wrote: Feb 18, 2013 5:58 PM
Class, please compare and contrast the contemporary program "Jacka$$" and or any "reality" TV show to Idiocracy's "Ow, My Balls".

Why Do Societies Give Up?

Galenical Wrote: Feb 14, 2013 1:51 AM
Power seekers have always existed. Avarice has always existed. Wed the two with a ring of covetousness always leads to decline and the collapse of civilization. Avarice for gold is easy: sell something that people want to buy. Avarice for political power requires manipulation of the masses and the harnessing of each citizens innate covetousness. "Do Not Murder" and "Do Not Steal" keeps the neighborhood orderly and civilized. If ignored, a prison or gallows solves the problem. What punishment can cure covetousness, a thought process inherent in all mortal men? Covetousness, a simple process of thought that does no direct harm to your neighbor and for which there is no curative corporeal punishment, is the destroyer of civilizations.

Unions Lose it Under Obama

Galenical Wrote: Feb 12, 2013 2:09 PM
11042 and restore, I live in the Lehigh Valley of PA, the former home of the late, great Bethlehem Steel (now The Sands Casino -tragic, yes?). I heat my home with PA's best anthracite. I do what I can to support my neighbors. My ancestors are from the Coal Regions of Schuylkill County. I do what I can, but there are so many zero liability voter, brain dead, parasites........ Sigh.
I am a pharmacist. My medical training centered on knowing when to say, "you need to see a doctor" along with directions to the ER. There would need to be a huge change in curriculum for pharmacists to be able to diagnose. We CAN manage drug therapy after the proper diagnosis is made BY a doctor, so there is an area where we can help. Bottom line: we need physicians, not almost-a-doctors.