There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
What was the purple ink that an Iraqi or other Middle East voter was required to dip his/her finger in after voting? Seems like a good idea for USof A. Would certainly eliminate multiple voting. Then a return to voting being limited to the official election day, with absentee voting being limited to only those who had a legitimate reason for voting absentee would emphasize the importance of significance of a vote. Eliminate early voting apart from standard absentee ballot. And why make it so easy for prospective voters to get registered. If one is truly dedicated to being able to vote, he/she should be willing to pay the price of a little inconvenience to get registered.
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 13 mins ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Resurrected monster General Motors is still killing people Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 3 hours ago