There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
What was the purple ink that an Iraqi or other Middle East voter was required to dip his/her finger in after voting? Seems like a good idea for USof A. Would certainly eliminate multiple voting. Then a return to voting being limited to the official election day, with absentee voting being limited to only those who had a legitimate reason for voting absentee would emphasize the importance of significance of a vote. Eliminate early voting apart from standard absentee ballot. And why make it so easy for prospective voters to get registered. If one is truly dedicated to being able to vote, he/she should be willing to pay the price of a little inconvenience to get registered.
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 52 minutes ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago