Last week the Obama administration issued a bogus compromise on the contraception mandate in ObamaCare through Health and Human Services. The deal? Institutions deemed "religious" by the government get a pass while businesses morally opposed to the mandate still must provide insurance plans to employees that provide contraception without a co-pay.
In response to:
If by “respecting an establishment of religion” you mean “disrespecting an established religion”, I agree with you. Passing a law that requires an employer to provide (or pay for) a service contrary to his faith and beliefs respects neither the religion nor the employer.
- Christie “tired of hearing about the minimum wage.” Mistake? Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Dems: We’re keeping Pelosi even if we lose Ed Morrissey 57 mins ago
- Shaheen approves of Obama except when she doesn’t Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Kochs’ next dastardly deed: Creating good public defenders for low-income accused Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Reading the early voting tea leaves: Republicans closing the gap Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago