Truth is foreign because, according to relativism, there is no absolute truth. It is a sickness in our society, which is used only when it is convenient. For instance, the same people who claim relative truth will also say that a murderer or rapist needs to be punished based on laws of absolutism. Therefore, we know the character of the person because they only care for that which benefits their world view instead of real truth.
One of my readers reached out to me a couple of years ago with the hope that I could help him communicate with his prodigal nephew. The kid had grown up in a Christian home and seemed to be doing well until he enrolled at a local community college. It was there that he decided to abandon his conservative and Christian beliefs. Even worse than that, he decided to replace them by joining a neo-pagan cult. I will not mention the group by name as I do not want to give them more attention than they deserve.
- CBS poll: GOP lead in generic Congressional ballot similar to final 2010 poll Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Less than a week before the midterms, Obama backs off deportations of illegal immigrants Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago