You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
Gofer, I saw the same thing happen in a grocery store directly across the street from the government agency that takes care of food stamps. This was in Portsmouth, VA. I was in line and had $20.00 on me to be some groceries. The woman in front of me was dressed extremely nice and had a bunch of groceries. She had steaks and beer and wine. The cashier told her she couldn't pay for the beer and wine with the food stamps(WIC) so she literally wipped out a roll of money and paid for it separately. She then went outside and got into her WELFARE CADILAC. I had a job in the family business. We had 5 furniture stores, and couldn't afford what she had. If you don't have anything and a minority, you can live better than a hardworking person.
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 27 mins ago
- Age of Enlightenment: NY university offering training for couples on how to break up Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Michele Bachmann must be doing something right if ISIS is after her Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- The worst political ad ever? Or the most awesome? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago