You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
Gofer, I saw the same thing happen in a grocery store directly across the street from the government agency that takes care of food stamps. This was in Portsmouth, VA. I was in line and had $20.00 on me to be some groceries. The woman in front of me was dressed extremely nice and had a bunch of groceries. She had steaks and beer and wine. The cashier told her she couldn't pay for the beer and wine with the food stamps(WIC) so she literally wipped out a roll of money and paid for it separately. She then went outside and got into her WELFARE CADILAC. I had a job in the family business. We had 5 furniture stores, and couldn't afford what she had. If you don't have anything and a minority, you can live better than a hardworking person.
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago