1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
You can talk about the GOP "establishment" all you want, but it is the GOP voters who, when given a choice in modern times, always vote for the moderate (read statist). I left them behind after McCain. Forever. No law breaker will be able to pander sufficiently to get my vote, even if against himself were running for the democrat nomination. Satan would win either way. That doesn't mean I wouldn't vote for a republican again if they nominated a decent candidate that would abide by his or her oath of office.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 18 hours ago