At about the same time, I read a piece by a brilliant conservative analyst with whom I sometimes disagree who was arguing that some conservatives don't take the formidable Barack Obama seriously enough and, in effect, give him cover with their over-the-top depictions of Obama as a Marxist and worse. He erroneously assumes that these supposedly hyperbolic characterizations are motivated by greed (stirring up audiences yields more revenues) and, in any...
I agree David. We, Republicans, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, etc. did not do our job. We allowed the President and the Progressive Liberal Democrats to demonize us for over four years, yet the people suffer more from the actions of the Liberal President and his party by far than all of us on the other side. Still we don't stand up and call it like it is just as loud and calous as them. We have gotten quiet, easygoing and soft this last 20 years. Being reasonable in todays political world is not going to work anymore. Too many dumbed down uninformed in our modern society to get it without shouting in their face. FL
I was reading the Old Testament book of Amos a few days ago and was reminded that liberation theologians get much comfort from that prophet's decrying the mistreatment of the poor.
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 12 hours ago