Who Are Obama's Real Enablers?

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Apr 02, 2013 7:27 AM
I agree David. We, Republicans, Conservatives, Tea Partiers, etc. did not do our job. We allowed the President and the Progressive Liberal Democrats to demonize us for over four years, yet the people suffer more from the actions of the Liberal President and his party by far than all of us on the other side. Still we don't stand up and call it like it is just as loud and calous as them. We have gotten quiet, easygoing and soft this last 20 years. Being reasonable in todays political world is not going to work anymore. Too many dumbed down uninformed in our modern society to get it without shouting in their face. FL
The "Big Brother" is watching, talked about in so many "Futuristic" novels of the last 70 years. It would be great if it was going to be used for altrustic purposes only. But we all know this is not the case. Another example of intrusive tracking, and eventual control over our lives. In other words, Loss of our Free pursuit to be who we are. Going, Going, Gone, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

For Whom the Pork Toils

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Feb 19, 2013 8:10 AM
Scottie I agree with you on principle, but we who can read know the Liberals and the republicans both started reaching in to the SS pie way back in the 60's. If it had not been used for other than what it was intended it would still be short, but not nearly as short. In fact if our elected servants had done their job instead of just securing their elective base 24/7, a few small adjustments to deductions could have been made over the last 60 years. I am 71 and do know how to read, write and do math. Schools in the 40's and 50's really did teach the three R's plus History and Civics. There was no bell curve and no, " No one left behind" rule. I knew many kids who took the same grade over. Some never graduated. Such is Life.
Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein, 79, D-Senator, CA. I wonder if she is suffering from Depression era childhood fears? A Boogeyman with a gun in the closet? A wicked grinning Clown with a gun standing over her bed? A bevy of Little People with guns surrounding her bed? Untreated Childhood Fears?

The Wrong End of a Gun

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Jan 15, 2013 7:10 AM
It is all so true. Thanks Lincoln.
Dave, I rarely post or blog but this was such a fine piece work I felt the need to let you know how much I appreciated it. The amount of information and quality is without question. I have been following the Global warming since the mid 80's and had always loved reading about the weather and became very interested in this beginning trend of news. I knew fist hand via a friend of mine from Huachuca City, AZ about how his father had grown many Citrus trees (Lemons, Oranges and Grapefruit) on their 8 acres from the late 20's to the early 40's and was never frost bitten untill the 40's. I was aware of many of the facts you presented. Thanks again for this article.

Freedom or Ruin

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Oct 02, 2012 8:38 AM
John, one of your better columns. Very close to the way I see it, as I am 71 and was one of the people who found my own way through hard work and never depending on any freebies. I was never taken care of by a union, and earned every rung of the ladder I climbed. But, These last 2 to 3 generations have been progressively Dumbed Down into a pathetic, lazy, fat, do nothing bunch who should not even be allowed to vote. Virtually every person I know 10 years to either side of me feel the same. Worse, they say that many of their own children and Grandchildren are in that Dumbed Down group. I worry greatly John that it may be 4 to 12 more years before they realize they have killed the Goose that layed the Golden (age) Egg.

Eddie Haskell Brooks

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Sep 21, 2012 8:03 AM
God love you girl, I do. Well done as usual. It has beome pretty clear for me who to trust and who not to trust, and I credit you for a lot of that knowledge. Hang tough, you are a credit to this once great country, and it will be great again with you and others like you telling it like it is.

The DNC As I Saw It

FUNNYLOGIC Wrote: Sep 09, 2012 8:50 AM
Right on Derek, one of your best. I tried to watch most of it but it was very difficult. Between trying not to throw a shoe at the TV, bursting into laughter, losing my ability to think at the total incredulousness of what was being said, and the people chosen to say it. I was really thankfull when it was over. Hyperbole beyond belief, and in so many different ways. But, I felt my Heart hurt when Gabriel Gifford said the Pledge of Allegience, the only real part of it all.
Right on John, A solid 25, probably a 100 more. Keep hammering on the obvious, even if few people in this USA know how to read, or care to even if they can. Todays uninformed boggles the mind. Many don't even know who was the last president, and some don't even know who is the president today, or that there is an election this November? I just don't understand the average American today. It makes me want to cry, (or scream, I don't know which)?
Walter, I completely agree with you as to the major problem. Loss of the family unit and direction from it appear to be foremost among all reports I have read. But try as I might, I cannot come up with any real solutions to this problem? How do you regenerate thought processes that were present prior to the 60's - 70's? Tis a problem, and not solved as easily as by Yul Brynner in the King and I by a Kingly Proclamation.