The trial of the alleged masterminds of 9/11, which began last week at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, will address some of the most profound issues of our era. Are natural rights truly inalienable, as Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence, or can the government take them away from those it hates or fears? Does the Constitution protect the rights of all persons who come in contact with the government, or does it protect only certain Americans, as the government argues? Can the government deny a person due process by changing the rules retroactively, or...
Re: Neal from PA, "They fail to understand this is a WAR, like “NO OTHER”." At least, that is what your gullible mind took from what the sweet-talking politicians in DC told you. I mean, they wouldn't be lying about this, or would they??? "We are fighting an ideology that is trying to force itself upon us" "We" are doing nothing. A bunch of ants are stinging around the giant because the giant is sitting on their anthill. GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE EAST.
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Oh my: Plurality of Republicans think Mitt Romney should run for president Allahpundit 12 hours ago