Obama's use of killing-drones to eliminate terrorist enemies even if they are traitorous American citizens is the only Obama-era policy that does work. My objection and that of almost all Obama's opponents is the simple fact that if a Republican president was applying precisely the same policy and using drones to kill America's enemies, Obama and his political lackeys would be leading the charge against it. Former President Bush could attest to that. Once again, it's the double political standard, particularly in the liberal media, that is most riling.
On Tuesday, NBC released a confidential Department of Justice paper concluding that our government can authorize the use of drones to kill targeted terrorist leaders, including U.S. citizens abroad. This story bares the dividing line between honest liberals -- such as Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the American Civil Liberties Union and the San Francisco Chronicle's editorial board, all of whom opposed some of the harsher anti-terrorism tactics employed under President George W. Bush's administration and under the current administration -- and rank opportunists, such as President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who denounced what...
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago