Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney: The Whole Point of Sequestration Was to Avoid Those Spending Cuts. No. Sequestration was a way for the Dems to paint the Republicans in a corner.
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Kansas Dems reportedly trying to recruit … Kathleen Sebelius for Senate Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Lerner, DoJ discussed criminal prosecution of tax-exempt applicants Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Ukrainian forces advancing in east as showdown nears Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago