Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney: The Whole Point of Sequestration Was to Avoid Those Spending Cuts. No. Sequestration was a way for the Dems to paint the Republicans in a corner.
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 36 mins ago
- 10 yr old competitive shooter seeks to inspire others Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- John Kasich rips AP after reportedly denouncing Obamacare’s repeal Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Pew survey: “Consistent liberals” most likely to block others on social media for disagreeing with them politically Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Hawaii Democrat backs travel ban, denounces politicization of the issue Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Subtle: Pro-Kay Hagan fliers warns GOP victory with lynching images Noah Rothman 3 hours ago