Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney: The Whole Point of Sequestration Was to Avoid Those Spending Cuts. No. Sequestration was a way for the Dems to paint the Republicans in a corner.
- Rick Perry: It’s entirely possible that ISIS has already crossed the southern border Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- “Today is a miraculous day”: Dr. Kent Brantly speaks after recovering from Ebola Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- YouGov poll: Most Americans, and most Democrats, do not wish Hillary had won in 2008 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Obama’s Bergdahl swap violated the law Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Journalist quits Ferguson after denouncing the media’s behavior Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Ben Rhodes: We won’t necessarily limit our airstrikes against ISIS to Iraq Allahpundit 4 hours ago