Last night, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney picked a Twitter fight with Republican Congressman Justin Amash over sequestration. We'll get to that online battle in a moment, but first, a word on Rep. Amash's misguided comments that caught Carney's attention in the first place. Amash has been publicly blasting Republican leadership for aggressively pinning the sequester on President Obama, arguing that it's "disingenuous" for members of Congress to vote for a compromise, then blame it on the other party. This needlessly and foolishly undermines the GOP's messaging on the issue. Republicans are not saying that the sequester is...
Carney: The Whole Point of Sequestration Was to Avoid Those Spending Cuts. No. Sequestration was a way for the Dems to paint the Republicans in a corner.
- Marquette poll: Walker now leads outside the margin of error, tops 50 percent support Guy Benson 25 mins ago
- The new New Math: Byzantine subtraction in Common Core Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Wow: WH says it learned about the Secret Service’s security breach in the CDC elevator … yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Paul Ryan: I’m not running for president if Mitt Romney runs Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Breaking: Pierson resigns Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- WH to reporters: Don’t talk to people attending Mary Burke rally Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago