The State of the Union Address (SOTUA) is now last week’s history. Nearly every aspect of it has been fully dissected. For example, the National Taxpayers Union (NTU) has done a line-by-line analysis of what they call the “most expensive and widest ranging State of the Union Address yet.” They found that the “quantifiable agenda items” in the President’s proposals “weighed in at $83.4 billion.” The NTU called the efforts to combat climate change the “most costly single agenda item”—citing a “version of the ‘cap-and-trade’ bill to which Obama referred in his speech was priced at $282.4 billion...
In response to:
Environmentalists are fine with high unemployment, record numbers in poverty, on food stamps, on welfare. The air quality in this nation has never been better. The process of fracking has been around for over 50 years. They are the flat earth, no growth, science deniers. Tens of millions suffer needlessly. The benefits of their cause are grossly overstated, the true cost understated. Insidious or idiots or both.
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 19 minutes ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 15 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 17 hours ago