There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Your comment would be funny if it were not stupid. I am an Independent who supported Ron Paul and, for the first time in 45 yrs of voting, I not only voted for Romney, I pulled a straight Republican ticket. That said, let's look at WHO marginalized who.... 1) RNC does all in it's power to prevent or subdue Ron Paul in the debates 2) RNC rigs the primaries (and they did) to downplay Ron Paul's support 3) RNC changes conventiion rules (that have been in place for decades) to prevent Ron Paul from being nominated and his delegates from being seated, even though he played by the RNC's OWN rules in obtaining them. Now who marginalized whom?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 5 hours ago