There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
Your comment would be funny if it were not stupid. I am an Independent who supported Ron Paul and, for the first time in 45 yrs of voting, I not only voted for Romney, I pulled a straight Republican ticket. That said, let's look at WHO marginalized who.... 1) RNC does all in it's power to prevent or subdue Ron Paul in the debates 2) RNC rigs the primaries (and they did) to downplay Ron Paul's support 3) RNC changes conventiion rules (that have been in place for decades) to prevent Ron Paul from being nominated and his delegates from being seated, even though he played by the RNC's OWN rules in obtaining them. Now who marginalized whom?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Former loathsome nanny-state mayor confuses blogger with second awesome move this summer Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Army Medal of Honor recipient breaks gavel at New York Stock Exchange Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Senate analysis: What does “success” look like for the GOP in 2014? Guy Benson 8 hours ago
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 10 hours ago