There were many factors that hurt Mitt Romney and favored Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election. The Democrats portrayed Romney in the worst light possible; as a wealthy, out of touch millionaire who wanted to return women to the 1800's. The left wing media predictably did everything it could to perpetuate that false caricature. Obama's race was an advantage; voters of all persuasions, particularly minorities, still cannot get over the allure of the first black president. The 47% of Americans on welfare were predisposed to vote for the food stamp president over Romney, wanting the free goodies to keep...
In response to:
I always wonder what goes through the minds of people like you. It won't be the "boy prez" that is dying in that powder keg, it will be America's sons and daughters. Has Iraq and Afghanistian wars not killed enough of them, for your liking?? And before you make any snide comments, my family has supplied soldiers for this country's wars, since the Rev War and my son in law is due to deploy in Jan to Afghanistan for his FOURTH tour there...and yes, he's combat as he is a Apache command pilot.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 25 mins ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago