Turns out RG III fancies himself as a quarterback who happens to be black -- as opposed to a black quarterback. When asked for the millionth time about...
RG III is the very embodiment of Dr. King's dream. A man who demands to be judged by "who" he is and not by "what" he is. Kudos to him and his family! He should be held up as the role model for the black youth today, not some gangster rapper spouting off about his stable of ho's and fleet of shiny cars.
To a black ESPN sports analyst, this is the critical question: Is Robert Griffin III, aka RG III, the black rookie sensation Washington Redskins quarterback, "a brother, or is he a cornball brother?" What has RG III done or said to raise a suspicion about his bona fides as a black person? More importantly, what does this have to do with appreciating -- or choosing not to appreciate -- Griffin as an athlete?
- White House: That round of golf after the Foley video was released doesn’t show the depth of Obama’s grief Allahpundit 17 mins ago
- Poll: As Scott Brown pounds on immigration, NH Senate race closes to statistical tie Guy Benson 56 mins ago
- Conservative columnists agree: Go to war in Iraq and Syria, don’t occupy them Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Hagel: ISIS beyond “just a terrorist group … imminent threat” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Want to go blind with rage? Read this letter from ISIS to the Foley family Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- “Direct invasion”: Aid convoy enters Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago