Since Barack Obama's re-election, hundreds...
Another great column that in this day and age could only be written by someone whose skin tone is dark, which is unfortunate. Had the north allowed the south to secede, the south would have been forced to end slavery because it was inefficient and they couldn't compete w/ non-slave states and other countries. Other countries were able to end slavery without civil wars yet we didn't. Lincoln's decision cost the country enormously then and for 100 years thereafter. "A man convinced against his will is of the same persuasion still."
For decades, it has been obvious that there are irreconcilable differences between Americans who want to control the lives of others and those who wish to be left alone. Which is the more peaceful solution: Americans using the brute force of government to beat liberty-minded people into submission or simply parting company? In a marriage, where vows are ignored and broken, divorce is the most peaceful solution. Similarly, our constitutional and human rights have been increasingly violated by a government instituted to protect them. Americans who support constitutional abrogation have no intention of mending their ways.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago