This whole "austerity" gig is misleading. Will someone point to an actual country that has reduced real spending (i.e. they were spending $X billions last year and are now spending $X - Y billions this year). Taxing more isn't "austerity" it's stupidity. Biden inadvertently let it slip that he understands this fact when he commented that removing American troops forces the Iraqis and Afghans to step up. Well, Helloooo! He made that statement because he wasn't protecting or hoping to get votes from a constituency. "Removing" taxes allows people to "step up" and become more self reliant thereby reducing the perceived need for govt action/intervention. Remember, a govt dollar spent is a private dollar taxed.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Time: The West is losing Cold War II Ed Morrissey 48 minutes ago
- Arizona inmate takes nearly two hours to die by lethal injection in botched execution Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS reportedly orders women and girls of Mosul to undergo ‘genital mutilation’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- WaPo editorial: Why is the world ignoring Hamas’ depravity? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Uncommon courage: Jeb Bush finally weighs in on the border crisis Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- FAA, EASA reauthorize operations at Tel Aviv for Western airlines Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago