This whole "austerity" gig is misleading. Will someone point to an actual country that has reduced real spending (i.e. they were spending $X billions last year and are now spending $X - Y billions this year). Taxing more isn't "austerity" it's stupidity. Biden inadvertently let it slip that he understands this fact when he commented that removing American troops forces the Iraqis and Afghans to step up. Well, Helloooo! He made that statement because he wasn't protecting or hoping to get votes from a constituency. "Removing" taxes allows people to "step up" and become more self reliant thereby reducing the perceived need for govt action/intervention. Remember, a govt dollar spent is a private dollar taxed.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014