This whole "austerity" gig is misleading. Will someone point to an actual country that has reduced real spending (i.e. they were spending $X billions last year and are now spending $X - Y billions this year). Taxing more isn't "austerity" it's stupidity. Biden inadvertently let it slip that he understands this fact when he commented that removing American troops forces the Iraqis and Afghans to step up. Well, Helloooo! He made that statement because he wasn't protecting or hoping to get votes from a constituency. "Removing" taxes allows people to "step up" and become more self reliant thereby reducing the perceived need for govt action/intervention. Remember, a govt dollar spent is a private dollar taxed.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 8 hours ago