Last month, we stumbled across a unique potential indicator for measuring the current health of the U.S. economy: the number of publicly-traded U.S. companies acting to cut their dividend payments each month.
Since then, we now have data for two additional months, July and August 2012. Our chart below, focusing on the number of U.S. companies declaring that they will acto to decrease their dividends in each month since January 2004.
The chart represents data collected and published by Standard and Poor for U.S. companies whose common stock is traded on...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 11 hours ago