Interesting and unfortunate dilemma in which you find yourself. Every one of us has our own personal cross to bear and yours is no different than thousands of other’s. If you find smoke of any nature to be intolerable, you quite simply don’t allow yourself to go where it is present. You and those over whom you may have influence have the absolute unquestioned freedom and liberty to invest your personal wealth to establish the type of restaurant that fills you personal needs, desires, and wants. Your personal and limiting infirmity is neither of my making nor of your neighbor’s making and is not anyone’s responsibility with which to deal but your own and those who voluntarily take it upon themselves to make it theirs. How people who...
Public misunderstanding, ignorance and possibly contempt for liberty play into the hands of people who want to control our lives. Responses to my recent column "Compliant Americans" brought this home to me. In it, I argued that the anti-tobacco movement became the template and inspiration for other forms of government intrusion, such as bans on restaurants serving foie gras, McDonald's giving Happy Meals with toys, and confiscating a child's home-prepared lunch because it didn't meet Department of Agriculture guidelines. A few responses read like this: "Smoking is different because that actually affects other people. We should be living by the notion...
- Video: DNC 2016 convention bid invites go to Las Vegas, and … Ed Morrissey 21 minutes ago
- GOP Senate candidate’s ad: Meet the doctor who saved my baby’s life Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: I think Republicans may have over-emphasized voter fraud Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Fatah, Hamas announce reconciliation pact, new elections Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Just a reminder: Lindsey Graham’s probably going to get reelected Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Tom Steyer: I am absolutely nothing at all like the Koch brothers Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago