Rand’s espoused beliefs on the relationship of man to his government do not hinge on her lack of belief in a supreme being. It is not necessary for a Christian to reject Christian beliefs to accept Rand’s beliefs in the individuals’ role vs. government. The truth that at some point productive individuals limit or cease being productive when the fruits of their labor are taken to give to those who feel entitled to them is the lynch pin of her work. It is true regardless of religious belief. Her atheism becomes a red herring upon which to write lengthy bloviating works to stifle discussion, and to cloud recognition of the self-evident truths of how productive individuals predictably react when they find that they and their efforts are...
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 21 minutes ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago