Rand’s espoused beliefs on the relationship of man to his government do not hinge on her lack of belief in a supreme being. It is not necessary for a Christian to reject Christian beliefs to accept Rand’s beliefs in the individuals’ role vs. government. The truth that at some point productive individuals limit or cease being productive when the fruits of their labor are taken to give to those who feel entitled to them is the lynch pin of her work. It is true regardless of religious belief. Her atheism becomes a red herring upon which to write lengthy bloviating works to stifle discussion, and to cloud recognition of the self-evident truths of how productive individuals predictably react when they find that they and their efforts are...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Meet the laywers defending “campus rapists” Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Iran executes 967th person under Hassan Rouhani. And it’s a woman Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Chris McDaniel appeal rejected in state supreme court Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Palin-bashing CNN anchor claimed Michelle Obama signed bill into law Ed Morrissey 10 hours ago
- Everything is changing after Ferguson, and it should Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago