What if the government regards the Constitution as merely a guideline to be referred to from time to time, or a myth to be foisted upon the voters,...
Democrats are the evil power mad b@stards on one side of the aisle; Republicans are the evil power mad b@stards on the other side of the aisle. Between them we have; the war on (some) drugs, unconstitutional gun control, the (un)Patriot Act, TSA, theft of our money (through taxes) to support those who will not work, unelected bureaucrats writing our laws, abuse of the “executive order” power of the President, etc. They use the power of media to divide us into groups; ethnicity, class, liberal/conservative, young/old, etc.. They number 546, counting the 9 black robed tyrants on the Supreme Court, we number over 320 million; and yet we allow them to dictate to us how we should live. Something is wrong with this picture.
What if the government never took the Constitution seriously? What if the same generation -- in some cases the same human beings -- that wrote in the First Amendment, "Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech," also enacted the Alien and Sedition Acts, which made it a crime to criticize the government? What if the feds don't regard the Constitution as the Supreme Law of the Land?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago