After the grisly massacre in Colorado no one will attend weekend showings of The Dark Knight Rises with expectations of a rollicking, uplifting, feel-good night at the movies. But even before its association with horrifying images of real-life mass murder, this final installment in the current Batman series suffered from serious deficiencies in terms of its fun factor. It’s wrong to suggest that the movie provoked the killings in its midnight Aurora premiere, but those crimes do, in a sense, expose the nihilistic darkness at the heart of the film...
We need to end this super hero culture -- it's garbage and makes adults act like children.
Editors' note: this column originally appeared at the Daily Beast.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 9 hours ago