A piece this week on the portion of Americans working in their prime received a lot of attention, but the fact of the matter is that this is a trend that has gone turbo over the last few years. The author noted that the participation has declined to 75.7% for 25-54 year olds down from pre-recession level of 80%. These are people that have simply dropped out of the job market. While it skews the unemployment rate to a more flattering number, it has a truly devastating impact on the economy and on the individuals that find the sofa more appealing...
In response to:
We had better get out our checkbooks, while we still have a choice about how and what we spend money on, and be giving $10-$$20-$30 dollars to the Romney campaign. He will need every penny to fight Obama's machine. Apparently the DOJ told Florida to stop getting their voting records in order. What can that possibly SCREAM! It screams that Eric Holder and the gang want to see any and all voting fraud neccessary to keep O- ba-Mao (as the Chinese workers refer to him) in office. No I.D., no keeping records updated, apparently so that every dead person around can vote, ANYTHING to ruin what is left of our great country. Help Romney before we have to petition to purchase a candy bar!
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Daniel Hannan and the origins of liberty Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 17 hours ago