Former Deputy Director of ATF William Hoover has submitted his resignation after the House Oversight Committee released a scathing report this week about his role in and responsibility for Operation Fast and Furious. Former ATF Special Agent in Charge of the Phoenix Field Division William Newell is reportedly planning to retire in December so he can save his pension and retirement. Newell was also held heavily responsible for much for the Fast and Furious program in the Congressional report.
In response to:
Excuse me, but government employees who are responsible for the insanely idiotic idea of giving drug cartels thousands of automatic weapons with no hope of being tracked or traced and who are directly responsible for the death of one and possibly two border agents are allowed to stay on so they can retire with their pensions???? Give me an effing break. I don't want my tax dollars paying for the retirement plan of morons who are directly responsible for hundreds of Mexican deaths and the deaths of two border patrol agents.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 29 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 18 hours ago