The organization's hysteric solution to gun violence in America is to put designated sitting ducks -- er, "armed police officers" -- in every American school. Apparently the secret is now out that such places are "gun-free," and LaPierre says that "(gun-free school zones) tell every insane killer in America...
"Why don't school shootings happen every day, then? Probably because "insane killers" aren't bestowed with the logical thought processes attributed to them by the NRA chief. That's why they are, by definition, insane." Rachel, if your goal is record number of responses or increased credibility with the gun grabbing left, congratulations. The three mass murdering insane killers that come to mind whose names I refuse to remember are Fort Hood, Aurora and Sandy Hook and were all very intelligent. They knew armed resistance was unlikely. Even the Fort Hood terrorist on a suicide mission chose a "gun free zone" on base. The real and obvious reason shootings like this do not happen every day is that there just are not very many insane killers.
After a tragedy like the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in Newtown, Conn., the injection of anything short of seriousness into the subsequent public discourse about guns is touchy. But last week, the National Rifle Association blasted numerous rounds into that particular barrier with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre's mouth.
- Video: This is the man a malaise-stricken America needs right now Allahpundit 13 mins ago
- NYT: After six weeks of U.S. airstrikes, ISIS has “scarcely budged” Allahpundit 53 mins ago
- McCain: I was pals with Mark Udall’s dad so I can’t bring myself to campaign for Cory Gardner Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Secret Service failures may expand no-walking zone around White House Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CDC: Up to half a million Ebola cases by end of January Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: South Park ad hits Redskins … during Redskins game Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago