Previous 11 - 20 Next
For the Obama administration, politics comes first. Defending the constitution and the rule of law comes in second and only if it supports the first. Everything they do has political calculations. I will say this about Republicans. If 'no boots on the ground no matter what' is bad national security policy for the dems, then 'no impeachment no matter what' could prove bad for the country also. Just like the terrorists in Iraq will dare the president through their actions to get more involved while they are currently setting traps for our forces, the president dares republicans to try to impeach him.
In response to:

Compromise With Obama? Surely, You Jest!

Fred1666 Wrote: Aug 09, 2014 7:29 AM
If the president can issue orders that go against existing law, why can't congress? After all, the three branches of government are supposed to be co-equal. Shouldn't a congressional order or a senatorial order carry the same weight as an executive order? Why is congress bound by the legislative process and the president not?
Several years ago, I heard a call from a city mechanic on local talk radio that in Baltimore city, city mechanics who work on city vehicles are not allowed to use air tools when servicing vehicles. Hand tools only per union rules. Perhaps someone can confirm that this is still going on.
In response to:

Western Anti-Semitism

Fred1666 Wrote: Aug 06, 2014 7:29 AM
The most telling fact in the column is that the Quran makes it moral and right for Muslims to kill non-Muslims. How do you deal with a people who think that way? I think liberals fail to take into account the way other cultures think. Fortunately, Israel is smarter than that. Who is an innocent civilian casualty when they ignor leaflets dropped by Israel warning of attacks and remain in the line of fire. They are playing the West since they believe it's good to kill non-believers and are willing to die doing so. They pretend to think like us to gain our sympathy so they can turn around and destroy us when our guard is down.
In response to:

Is the President Incompetent or Lawless?

Fred1666 Wrote: Jul 31, 2014 7:21 AM
When following the constitutional remedy for dealing with a lawless leader cannot be done because of the liberal propaganda machine, we are doomed as a nation.
Regarding number two, how many Americans and their ancestors immigrated here after slavery ended and therefore have no accountability for slavery?
In response to:

Economic Freedom

Fred1666 Wrote: Jul 03, 2014 7:36 AM
80% of the poor have air conditioning. Considering that the climate in many parts of the country does not require air conditioning, I would say the other 20% don't need it.
Com what I have seen and what my IT friends have told me is that in a typical server, hard drives are always in pairs recording and storing the exact same data so if one crashes, the other keeps the data safe and the crashed hard drive can be quickly replaced and restored to match the other.
In response to:

The Continuing Obamacare Nightmare

Fred1666 Wrote: Jun 10, 2014 6:54 AM
'A total of only 97,000 of the 4.1 million discrepancies had been addressed by the end of May.' I'm curious. What were the discrepancies and how we're they addressed? How many were illegal aliens? How many lied about their income? If the IRS is involved in the process, why aren't income discrepancies flagged almost instantly since we are all in their database?
5 Maybe his plan was to release the terrorists from this awful prison where their every need is provided for so he can take them out with drones later. We already know from the bin Ladin raid that this president would rather kill than capture and interrogate. Some methods of interrogation are considered torture, but killing them where stand is just fine.
Previous 11 - 20 Next