What is it about Abraham Lincoln that has captured the hearts and minds of the American public since his assassination nearly 150 years ago? After all, one could argue -- rather persuasively -- that our 16th president was the least qualified candidate ever elected to high national office; in fact, his public service record included just four terms in the Illinois state legislative, one unremarkable term in the House of Representatives, and two unsuccessful bids for the US Senate. In addition, he had virtually no executive experience and, as his contemporaries invariably pointed out, Lincoln seemed wholly unfit to lead the...
- Russian FM after meeting with Kerry: Russia has no “common vision” on Crimea with the west Allahpundit 31 minutes ago
- The Ed Morrissey Show: Duane “Generalissimo” Patterson Ed Morrissey 42 minutes ago
- Soon, you might be able to carry a gun just about anywhere in Georgia Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Kerry retreats on recognition of Israel as a Jewish state Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Brown ramping up Senate run in New Hampshire: AP Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Reuters: Radar data suggests that the missing Malaysian jet was flown far off course deliberately Allahpundit 3 hours ago