Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Stick to the topic pillow-biter.
- Shock poll: Americans overwhelmingly favor building the Keystone XL pipeline Erika Johnsen 44 minutes ago
- Obama: Everyone wants a little R-S-P-E-C-T Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Juan Williams: Treatment of Condi Rice by Rutgers a hateful liberal double standard for black conservatives Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Rick Perry brings down the house at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Bernie Sanders is “prepared to run for President” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Massachusetts set to ban “upskirt” photos after court ruling Dustin Siggins 4 hours ago