Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Stick to the topic pillow-biter.
- Elite northeastern college town very worried about becoming Ferguson Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Last straw: ObamaCare now ruining baseball Mary Katharine Ham 14 hours ago
- US reconfirms policy of not paying ransoms to terrorists for abducted Americans Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Jake Tapper: Getting a conviction against Darren Wilson could be an ‘uphill battle’ Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- NYT poll: 65% of whites, 80% of blacks say police shouldn’t have military-style weapons Allahpundit 16 hours ago