The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
Layoffs should be done now. If the demoncrats win, they will pass a law prohibiting letting any employee go. Of course there will be government training for government jobs????
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Obama: How terrible of Congress to ruin Christmas by … causing people to lose their insurance Allahpundit 34 minutes ago
- Confirmed: Martin Bashir too nasty even for MSNBC Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ADP report: 215K private-sector jobs added in November Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Whodunit: Hezbollah leader killed in Beirut Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Report: 29,000 sign-ups on Healthcare.gov in first two days of December Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Waterloo: Obama now below 40 percent approval on nearly every issue polled Guy Benson 4 hours ago