The "comprehensive" label would suggest that beefed up border security would be at least one integral part of any final reform package, and rest assured that everyone on all sides of the debate will at least claim that it is. The real question is whether achieving certain concrete benchmarks will be meaningfully required before other elements of the law are triggered, such as starting the clock on a multi-year path to citizenship for illegals. Virtually every Republican says yes. Barack Obama (for now) and Janet Napolitano say no. Chuck Schumer and other Democrats say maybe-ish. Plus, preliminary legalization...
In response to:
Nothing will happen unless we get an America Firster prez. bOOsh 41, cLIEnton, bOOsh 43 and now Soetoro the first really avowed marxist in the WH are All Internationalists. Remember, bOOsh put Border agents in gaol for shooting drug smuggler in the ar se. Soetoro sent guns to drug cartels to kill border agents. What will happen,? Everyone and his crazy uncle in the basement will agree that border security will come before amnesty. It's a done deal. And nothing will change on the border.Then they'll All take credit (& applause)for passing IR.ameriKans will say"See, they Can work together "as they are enveloped in Smoke.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago