The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Many of the comments here are extremely valid, and it is true that more Government Regulation always increases cost. That said do not overlook the fact that everything that Obama has done has made the cost of living higher and the standard of living lower. His failure to authorise the Pipeline from Canada, the EPA Regulations that are closing older power plants and preventing the opening of new ones, his failure to increase Nuclear Power Plants, his economic policies which are reducing the value of the dollar and so, because it is traded in dollars, forcing up the cost of foreign oil, his opposition to fracking, and his subsidising so called Green Energy, which does not work are all contributing.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014