The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Many of the comments here are extremely valid, and it is true that more Government Regulation always increases cost. That said do not overlook the fact that everything that Obama has done has made the cost of living higher and the standard of living lower. His failure to authorise the Pipeline from Canada, the EPA Regulations that are closing older power plants and preventing the opening of new ones, his failure to increase Nuclear Power Plants, his economic policies which are reducing the value of the dollar and so, because it is traded in dollars, forcing up the cost of foreign oil, his opposition to fracking, and his subsidising so called Green Energy, which does not work are all contributing.
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago