The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
Many of the comments here are extremely valid, and it is true that more Government Regulation always increases cost. That said do not overlook the fact that everything that Obama has done has made the cost of living higher and the standard of living lower. His failure to authorise the Pipeline from Canada, the EPA Regulations that are closing older power plants and preventing the opening of new ones, his failure to increase Nuclear Power Plants, his economic policies which are reducing the value of the dollar and so, because it is traded in dollars, forcing up the cost of foreign oil, his opposition to fracking, and his subsidising so called Green Energy, which does not work are all contributing.
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 58 minutes ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Semi-retired president reluctantly decides now’s not the time for a Jimmy Kimmel guest shot Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Madeleine Albright: Hamas putting civilians in line of fire hurts Israel’s ‘moral authority’ Noah Rothman 3 hours ago