The House of Representatives adjourned Thursday afternoon, only hours after President Obama touched down in Washington, D.C. While it was initially reported that they wouldn't be back until Monday, December 31 - the last day to totally avert the fiscal cliff - Jake Sherman discovered they'd be back in an emergency on Sunday....
This is a waste of time. Obama wants his way or nothing and refuses to cut anything. Republicans want minimal Tax increases and massive cuts. Neither side will move and they are not talking to each other - this is a cosmetic exercise nothing more nor less! The man in the street WILL get screwed no matter what!
President Obama cut his Hawaiian Christmas vacation short in order to come back to Washington, D.C. to, supposedly, hammer out a deal with Congress in order to address the looming fiscal cliff. There's only one problem: much of Congress won't be there.
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 47 minutes ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Obama to deliver statement at 6:45 ET feigning interest in border crisis Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Border crisis update: White House is renovating its bowling alley Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Lois Lerner’s attorney backtracks: Okay, maybe she printed out ‘some’ emails Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Boehner: Yes, our lawsuit against Obama might include immigration Allahpundit 4 hours ago