Guy covered this in detail a few days ago, but there’s at least two points worth re-emphasizing: (1) The budget process commonly known as “sequestration” originated in the corridors of the White House, and was signed into law by President Obama himself. Hence, the president’s insistence that Republicans are somehow solely responsible if the negotiations fail -- and the cuts kick in -- is erroneous. (2) The negative consequences of sequestration -- discussed endlessly by this president and his lieutenants -- are exaggerated to a mystifying degree. Yuval Levin blew the lid off Team Obama’s opportunism and endless...
In response to:
Sequestration was an Obama idea, he insisted that it be passed into Law if agreement was not reached on balanced plan from the Simpson/Bowles Commission which he set up. The fact that Simpson/Bowles failed is also Obama's fault as he refused to accept it's recommendations because it said that there had to be entitlement reform was part of the plan. Having done that he then said that he would insist sequestration take effect and that if it did NOT include cuts in Defence he would veto it. The debt is escalating thanks to this man's insane spending which he will not cut back, sequestration was his idea yet he still tries to blame Republicans.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 10 hours ago