Guy covered this in detail a few days ago, but there’s at least two points worth re-emphasizing: (1) The budget process commonly known as “sequestration” originated in the corridors of the White House, and was signed into law by President Obama himself. Hence, the president’s insistence that Republicans are somehow solely responsible if the negotiations fail -- and the cuts kick in -- is erroneous. (2) The negative consequences of sequestration -- discussed endlessly by this president and his lieutenants -- are exaggerated to a mystifying degree. Yuval Levin blew the lid off Team Obama’s opportunism and endless...
In response to:
Sequestration was an Obama idea, he insisted that it be passed into Law if agreement was not reached on balanced plan from the Simpson/Bowles Commission which he set up. The fact that Simpson/Bowles failed is also Obama's fault as he refused to accept it's recommendations because it said that there had to be entitlement reform was part of the plan. Having done that he then said that he would insist sequestration take effect and that if it did NOT include cuts in Defence he would veto it. The debt is escalating thanks to this man's insane spending which he will not cut back, sequestration was his idea yet he still tries to blame Republicans.
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 43 mins ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago