This story was initially broken by the Daily Caller, it was then taken up belatedly by Fox News. The initial response from Menendez was somewhat similar to that of John Edwards to allegations by the Enquirer, Edwards ended up in Court. Both cases involve malfeasance in public office, both involve financial wrong doing and both would appear to revolve around sex. That said they are in many ways no worse than many powerful men on both sides of the Political Spectrum, for me, however what makes Menendez's case worse even than Edwards is the involvement of underage girls in a poor country. When this broke he lambasted the news outlet that exposed him, it looks increasingly that this man has much to lose and must be made to pay.
- DNC chairwoman: What, politics influencing the president’s Keystone XL delay? Nahhh. Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Oklahoma will charge homeowners who generate their own power Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- Modern tales of the Good Samaritan Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Gosnell Movie crosses the million-dollar mark Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 17 hours ago
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey Apr 20, 2014