This story was initially broken by the Daily Caller, it was then taken up belatedly by Fox News. The initial response from Menendez was somewhat similar to that of John Edwards to allegations by the Enquirer, Edwards ended up in Court. Both cases involve malfeasance in public office, both involve financial wrong doing and both would appear to revolve around sex. That said they are in many ways no worse than many powerful men on both sides of the Political Spectrum, for me, however what makes Menendez's case worse even than Edwards is the involvement of underage girls in a poor country. When this broke he lambasted the news outlet that exposed him, it looks increasingly that this man has much to lose and must be made to pay.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 27 mins ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky: I was patient zero in Internet bullying Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberals warn vulnerable Dems that they should rethink distancing themselves from Obama Noah Rothman 3 hours ago