During a recent gun violence prevention public hearing in Hartford, Connecticut, Bill Stevens, a father of a Sandy Hook student who survived the massacre that took place in December, testified. Stevens explained why his daughter is safer at home than she is at school because "911" and "lockdown" are not enough to protect her from an evil person. Stevens also defended the right to bear arms which is not only written in the Second Amendment, but in the Connecticut constitution as well. He argued gun owners shouldn't be turned into suspects no matter how many firearms or rounds of ammunition...
In response to:
Common sense regulations like more background checks are fine, and completely compatable with the 2nd Amd.
- Fox News source: Wilson was “beaten very severely” before shooting Michael Brown Allahpundit 49 mins ago
- Survey USA shows GOP prospects brightening in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Mitch McConnell’s empty promise: We’ll force Obama to rein in government or else risk a shutdown Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Addressing James Foley’s murder, Obama speaks loudly and leaves the stick at home Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Washington wonders: Why did Obama bother to come back from vacation? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon: Darren Wilson must be vigorously prosecuted Allahpundit 4 hours ago