In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
"... proper education is required regarding the abortion issue. That includes the mother being able to see a sonogram of the baby and understanding the specific details of the abortion procedure." -Correct. Prior to any elective surgery, the surgeon must get the consent of the patient. If applied to pregnant women considering abortions, this should include ultrasound images of exactly what is already inside the womb of a pregnant woman & exactly what the doctor is planning on doing to what is found in there in order to eliminate it. But, of course, the pro-abortion people don't want the pregnant mother to really see that facts before she decides.
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 46 mins ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Bombshell: Mark Pryor called desegregation of schools a ‘figurative’ invasion Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Homeland Security announces new travel restrictions on Ebola countries that, er, aren’t so new Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm and the big return Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago