In an ideal world, Roe v. Wade -- perhaps the most insidious Supreme Court ruling since the infamous Dred Scott decision in 1857 -- would be overturned. And contrary to what most leftists assert, however, this does not necessarily mean that abortion would be universally prohibited and illegal. For example, before Roe became the law of the land in 1973, abortion was permissible in certain states. The legality of abortion, then, should be decided by individuals at the state level -- at least in the short-term -- not by a High Court of un-elected, unaccountable judges in Washington. This would...
"... proper education is required regarding the abortion issue. That includes the mother being able to see a sonogram of the baby and understanding the specific details of the abortion procedure." -Correct. Prior to any elective surgery, the surgeon must get the consent of the patient. If applied to pregnant women considering abortions, this should include ultrasound images of exactly what is already inside the womb of a pregnant woman & exactly what the doctor is planning on doing to what is found in there in order to eliminate it. But, of course, the pro-abortion people don't want the pregnant mother to really see that facts before she decides.
- Could a Republican president gut ObamaCare without action from Congress or the Supreme Court? Allahpundit 24 minutes ago
- Rubio: Immigration reform won’t happen for another 10 years unless border security comes first Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Watch the most infuriating interview on the Israel-Gaza conflict yet Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Wisconsin gubernatorial poll: Mary Burke 47, Scott Walker 46 Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- CNN: Obama approval holding steady … at 42% Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Uh oh: Democratic senator from Montana accused of plagiarism in Army War College assignment; Update: I had PTSD, says Walsh Allahpundit 3 hours ago