But it is critical for conservatives and...
"None of those [Gingrich, Reagan, the 2 Bushes, McCain] individuals shared much in common with the philosophy of President Obama." -M.T. False! Except for Reagan (& at times Gingrich), the other Republicans all supported Big Government (are "Statists"), just like Obama. Only Reagan (& at times Gingrich) openly advocated a shrinkage in the size & scope of the Federal Government. Reagan was strongly opposed by the GOP Establishment. The GOP needs to make a decision: do they want a small, Constitutional Federal Government, sound money & a balanced budget or not? If the answer if no, then it's time for the Tea Party & others who support those aims to abandon the GOP & let it die like the Whigs died in the past.
For most in the political commentary business, labels come and go. I've read reactions to columns throwing about labels like "RINO" (Republican in Name Only) and "Establishment," coupled with others using terms like "radical," "ultraconservative" and "Neanderthal." Now, as likely most Republicans are all too aware, the media are making a great effort to not only paint the GOP as a hopeless cause, but one in which entities are being formed to launch, or are already underway with, an all out assault on the "tea party" and the most conservative wing of the party.
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Afghan interpreters who aided US in danger of being left behind Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago