But it is critical for conservatives and...
"None of those [Gingrich, Reagan, the 2 Bushes, McCain] individuals shared much in common with the philosophy of President Obama." -M.T. False! Except for Reagan (& at times Gingrich), the other Republicans all supported Big Government (are "Statists"), just like Obama. Only Reagan (& at times Gingrich) openly advocated a shrinkage in the size & scope of the Federal Government. Reagan was strongly opposed by the GOP Establishment. The GOP needs to make a decision: do they want a small, Constitutional Federal Government, sound money & a balanced budget or not? If the answer if no, then it's time for the Tea Party & others who support those aims to abandon the GOP & let it die like the Whigs died in the past.
For most in the political commentary business, labels come and go. I've read reactions to columns throwing about labels like "RINO" (Republican in Name Only) and "Establishment," coupled with others using terms like "radical," "ultraconservative" and "Neanderthal." Now, as likely most Republicans are all too aware, the media are making a great effort to not only paint the GOP as a hopeless cause, but one in which entities are being formed to launch, or are already underway with, an all out assault on the "tea party" and the most conservative wing of the party.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 19 hours ago