1) They have supreme confidence without supreme competence. Conservative talk show hosts, columnists,...
"7 Reasons Conservatives Don't Trust the Republican Establishment" -I can think of more than these 7 reasons, but your overall point is correct: Conservatives don't trust the Republican Establishment. Thus the next point: What do Conservatives want to do about it? I see only 2 options: Reform the GOP from within or mass migrate to a 3rd Party (there's the Libertarian Party, but they are usually pro-abortion, the Constitution Party, but they are very small, or start a new 3rd Party from scratch). Because I'm pro-life, I'd opt for either the Constitution Party or a new 3rd Party. For now, I'm remaining a Registered Republican looking to reform the Party from within, but I'm not optimistic.
Just as moderates are completely unrepresented in a Democratic Party that's dominated by liberals, movement conservatives often don't feel represented by the Republican Party. At first glance, this seems rather odd since most Republicans in Congress are conservative. However, it's a natural reaction to the Republican establishment that has its hands welded to many of the GOP's levers of power. The Republican Party may be mostly conservative, but there are a multitude of reasons that you can't trust the establishment Republicans as far as you can throw them.
- US hits Khorasan group in air strikes on Syria Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Breaking: Pentagon reports first airstrikes in Syria; Update: Coalition Arab countries added Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Issa: Americans deserve to hear from Lerner under oath, not in the press Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Poll: Plurality now think businesses that provide wedding services should be required to serve gay weddings too Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Poet: I would have died for my aborted daughter’s right to choose, just like she died for mine Allahpundit 12 hours ago