I am all but certain that Obama and the Dems are destroying our economy on purpose. I did not buy into this belief for about two years of "The Ones" reign, but slowly I saw what was happening. He is not stupid, to the contrary, he is an evil, arrogant narcissist bent upon turning our great Nation, and its People, into poor, centrally controlled sheep like creatures. His brilliant plan of putting more and more of us on the government "dole," and destroying our economy by increasing our debt to a Greece like amount is working and is right on target. American will not survive in anywhere near its current form if he is reelected for four more years. It may not be too late now, but it will be by then. "God helps those that help themselves."
Stocks loved today’s jobs report, rising well over 200 points at this writing. But equities may be suffering from a certain irrational exuberance. Yes, nonfarm payrolls rose by 163,000 in July. That’s better than the prior two months and probably signals no double-dip recession -- at least for now.
But there are a lot of negatives in this report.
For one, the small-business household survey dropped 195,000. That’s what drove the unemployment rate up to 8.3 percent. These two factors virtually cancel out the better-than-expected rise in nonfarm payrolls.
By the way, the labor force shrunk...
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 24 minutes ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago